One of the primary benefits of thermoplastic rubber (SEBS) formulations is their self-priming capability over nearly all roof surfaces. The bond strength of the coating together with its low perm/vapor barrier quality makes it ideally suited for tackling issues such as rust. Unlike “breathable”, high perm coatings, Truco’s thermoplastic rubber will not allow any moisture or oxygen transmission to occur on the cured film. This feature serves to protect the metal in a manner that many coatings can not match.
On severely rusted surfaces, the use of an acid etching conditioner is recommended. RRC-600 is typically applied on heavy rust prior to power washing the roof. Once applied, RRC-600 converts the rust from an oxide to a phosphate. The inert residue can then be removed safely, leaving behing a metal surface that can be coated with confidence.
Is your commercial flat roof in need or maintenance or repair? Got rust? Leaks? Bubbling? Ponding water? Commercial roof repair can have large advantages over roof replacement.
Don’t Replace the Roof – Restore It!
Our commercial roof repair and restoration coatings add significant life to your roof to save what would be tens of thousands of dollars for roof replacement. We provide sustainable, state-of-the-art solutions to the problems associated with aged Metal Roofs, Hypalon®, TPO, & EPDM single ply membranes, smooth surfaced Built Up Roofing, Smooth & Granulated Modified Bitumen, and Spray Polyurethane Foam.
Additionally, our white flat roof coatings bounce back more than 82% of the sun’s heated rays. This means the occupied area below remains naturally cooler, requiring less from your air conditioner and up to 50% in annual air conditioning costs.
Advantages of Commercial Roof Repair and Restoration
- Costs Less – A complete roof replacement can be expensive in labor and materials, particularly if the existing roof must be removed first. Depending on the roofing system selected, costs average between $18 and $22 per square foot. Commercial roof repair / restoration, on the other hand, requires less labor and materials, can be as low as 1/3 of replacement cost.
- Extends Your Roof’s Life – Commercial roofs typically last about 20 years — restoration can add 10 to 15 years of life. You can defer complete replacement and make future plans for the expenditure in your capital budget.
- More Sustainable – Millions of tons of roofing waste end up in landfills annually. Because it allows you to reuse your existing roof, restoration is a much more environmentally friendly option. Plus, it can make your building more energy efficient and may help it qualify for ENERGY STAR or LEED credits.
- Tax Benefits – Commercial roof repair / restoration is classified as a maintenance expenditure, while replacement is considered a capital expense. In most cases, you will pay less tax on maintenance by taking the current deduction versus capitalizing the expense and recovering the cost through depreciation. According to federal rules, commercial roofs are depreciated on a 39-year schedule. Since roofs have an average life of 20 years, it’s wise to extend the useful life of your roof as long as possible.
- Prevent Catastrophic Loss – Ignoring the fact that your roof is deteriorating doesn’t make the problem go away; it can only get worse. As time passes, the greater the potential damage and the more it costs to restore it. At some point, the only option will be total replacement. Continued neglect can put your business, employees and tenants at risk.
Contact us today to learn more about how Truco coating solutions can help your commercial roofing needs.